Department of Mathematics
1. Year of Establishment : 1971
2. Names of Program : UG- B.Sc.
3. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the
Departments / units involved: Computer Science for I Year
Environmental Science for II Year
4. Annual/semester/choice based credit system (programme wise): Semester
5. Participation of the department in the courses offered by Other departments
Swami Vivekanand Study Centre.
Remedial Coaching Classes.
Coaching Classes for Entry in Services
6. Teaching Staff
|Prof. V.P. Sangale||
M.Sc. B.Ed. M.Phil.
|Ms. M. N. Mule||
Assi. Prof. on CHB
7. List of senior visiting faculty
- Prof. G.K. Sanap
- Dr. V.B. Bhalerao
- Prof. F.I Momin
- Prof. A. D. Chinde
8. Awards/ Recognitions received by faculty and students :
- Rank- Major (NCC Officer )
9. List of eminent academicians and scientists /visitors to the department :
- Dr. D B Dhaigude 2. Dr. M B Dhakne
- Dr S K Panchal 4. Dr. S. R. Joshi
- Prof. B. B. Kulkarni 6. Dr. B R Sonttake
- Prof H S Bhosale
10. Future plans:
- To strengthen departmental library.
- To motivate students for NET/ SET Exams & Competitive Examinations.
- To establish Mathematical laboratory.
- To submit the proposal for Minor Research Project.
- To organize seminar/ conference/ workshop at national level.
- To conduct certificate course in application of Mathematics.
11. Best Practices
- Display xerox copies of current knowledge in News paper on notice board of the department.
- To give ‘Pradnya Award’ in the memories of Late Prayagabai Dnyanoba Sangale of Rs. 1001/- and Certificate to student securing highest marks in University examinations during annual social gathering since 2011-12
- To celebrate ‘Mathematics Day’ on the birth anniversary of great Indian Mathematician Sriniwasa Ramanujan and conduct various competition on this occasion.
- To publish wallpapers ‘New Dimension’ & ‘Inspiration’.
- To organize Guest lecture series.
- To participate in Science Forum.
- To organize motivational programme for students.